Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dynamic Blog Format

The Crow Flies Readers,

I am experimenting with Dynamic views for those viewing the blog on computers and tablets. This will allow a much more interactive viewing experience for all that subscribe to the blog and follow my articles. Some of the templates for these Dynamic layouts are cooler than others, some use only photos to navigate the blog, eliminating text completely except from the actual articles, and some of these layouts are not meant for a blog of this type. Please bare with as I start implementing these layouts for trial runs. If you like a particular layout or one conflicts with the device you use to primarily view the blog please leave a comment under this post, explain what you like or don't like about the layout, if you don't like the layout or it conflicts with your hardware let me know if you are using Mac, Windows, Linux or Unix, and what browser you are using. It will be time and date stamped so I will know which layout you are referring to. Seriously people, comments for this process are necessary as I my decision for a final Dynamic layout will be based on the one that conflicts the least or is voted the best based on your comments and the traffic to and from the blog. If you don't say anything then you can't complain when/if a layout you dislike becomes the new normal of By the Way the Crow Flies. Speak now or forever hold your peace! Well not now but you get the idea, as the layouts are implemented. I will start this process sometime in the next 5 to 7 days as the technology becomes accessible to me and the final code is done being developed. All the enhancements and mods done to this blog are done to make your experience here better. There are about 45 people that regularly view the posts on this blog with 150 people viewing daily, some that never come back and some that have never been here before but will start following the posts. The blog is growing and I thank all of you for coming here and supporting my work. Every time you type in the address (http://bythewaythecrowflies.blogspot.com) in whatever browser you use and hit enter it counts as a page view for the blog and that in turn increases traffic my friends! I like to see increased traffic and so do the folks over at Google. The more traffic means I move up on the search engines listing. For example: You go to www.google.com and search "knife making" or "crow forges a blade". Right now you have to scroll through hundreds of search results before finding my blog but as traffic increases, Google's bots move the blog up on the list shortening the number of results between the big sites that pay to be on the top 10 and me.  Now if you are more specific and search, "by the way the crow flies blog" I will be the top few results Google spits out at you. That's not the point of this though. The goal is to be found by people that have no idea this blog even exsists and them to subscribe and start following the blog like you guys and gals do, they then become "site regulars" and those are the kind of people I LOVE! Thanks again! Stay safe out there, oh yeah and, everybody, I love you!

- Kelly Crow

1 comment:

  1. Best selection i m really impress with your content and very useful it. wellsfargon

    ReplyDelete